www.jipmer.edu is the official website of Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research(JIPMER). JIPMER is located in puducherry and is affiliated by the government of India. JIPMER conducts an examination each year for admission to medical MBBS course. The duration of the course is 4 years and there are approximately 75 seats to which admission is open to all the students.
1. The minimum age for appearing in the examination is 17 years.
2. The candidate must have cleared class 12th examination with a minimum of 50% marks in PCB and English as a main subject.
3. In case of SC/ST students the minimum marks is 40%.
Proposed important dates:
1. Mid Feb 2010: sale of application forms.
2. End of March 2010: last date for the submission of application forms.
3. 2nd week of May 2010: issue of hall tickets
4. 2nd week of June 2010: entrance exam date
5. 3rd week of June 2010: declaration of result
6. Mid July 2010: commencement of session
1. Exam will have questions from class 12th syllabus.
2. Total : 200 MCQs
3. Exam will have questions from English, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
4. +1 for correct answer and there is no negative marking
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research
Dhanvantri Nagar, Puducherry – 605006, India
Tel: 0413-2272380 to 390, 0413-2272066 Extension No: 3102
Official website: www.jipmer.edu