www.cet.kar.nic.in is the official website of Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET). KCET is conducted each for admission into various undergraduate courses in the colleges and universities across Karnataka. Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted and regulated by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA). The admission through KCET is open only to the Karnataka residents; however there are some seats under management quota which are for the non Karnataka students.
1. For admission to medical and dental course the candidate must have be clear pass in class 12th with atleast 50% in marks in PCB.
2. The candidate should be more than 17 years of age.
3. For admission to engineering courses the candidate must have scored atleast 45% marks in Physics, mathematics and any of the Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Electronics / Biology along with English as one of the main subjects.
4. For admission to architecture course the candidate must satisfy the eligibility conditions for NATA.
Proposed important dates:
1. Mid January: Last date for the request of application form by post.
2. First week of February: The forms should reach the candidate before
3. 3rd week of April : Physics and chemistry examination
4. 3rd week of April : Mathematics examination
5. 3rd week of April : Biology examination
1. The whole examination is divided into 3 papers
2. First is the physics and chemistry examination of 120 marks
3. Second is mathematics paper which is of 60 marks
4. Third is biology paper also of 60 marks
For more details, please visit www.cet.kar.nic.in