http://www.dte.org.in/mca is the official website of Maharashtra – Master of Computer Application – Common Entrance Test (MAH MCA CET). The Entrance Test is conducted by the government of Maharashtra for admission to post graduate course in computer application and each year admissions are granted to nearly twelve and a half thousand students. There are approximately 25 colleges which come under this exam and all are recognized by AICTE.
1. The appearing candidate must have secured atleast 45% marks at graduation level
2. The candidates seeking admission against SC/ST and OBC quota must have done their graduation from the state of Maharashtra.
Proposed important dates:
1. 1st and 2nd week of February – Availability of application forms.
2. 1st March – Date of entrance examination and the exam will start at 2:00 pm
3. 1st week of April – Declaration of results.
4. 2nd week of June – Display of provisional list.
5. Mid June – Display of final merit list
1. Paper will be divided into two parts of 1 hour each.
2. The exam will have questions to test logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, basic mathematics, vocabulary, English comprehension and verbal ability of the candidate.
3. For every incorrect answer, – marks will be deducted.
List of institutes:
The following list of institutions grants admission to more than 12 thousand students each year.
1. C C Seth College of Commerce
2. Government Polytechnic, Amravati
3. Government Polytechnic, Aurangabad
4. Govt. Polytechnic Dhule
5. Govt. College of Engineering, Karad
6. P.L.Government Polytechnic, Latur
7. Government Polytechnic, Nagpur
8. Government Polytechnic, Nanded.
9. P. E. Societys Modern College of Eng.,Pune
10. Government Polytechnic, Pune
11. Tyagi Public School
12. Anand Vihar School Tulsi Nagar
13. Thakur College of Eng. & Tech., Kandivali, Mumbai
14. Government Polytechnic, Ahmednagar
15. Government College of Engineering Aurangabad.
16. Rajiv Gandhi Coll. of Eng.Research&Tech.Chandrapur
17. S.S.B.T.s College of Engg and Technology, Jalgaon
18. Government Polytechnic, Kolhapur
19. Anjuman College of Engineering & Technology, Nagpur
20. Shri. Ramdeo Baba Kamla Nehru Engg College, Nagpur
21. K.K.Wagh College of Engineering, Nashik
22. All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Soc. Coll. of Eng. Pune
23. Walchand Institute of Technology, Solapur
24. Maharaja Manindra Chandra College
25. National Education Society`s Highschool,Bhandup(W)
26. I E S Raja Shivaji Vidyalaya, Dadar, Mumbai
For more information, contact:
Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State
3, Mahapalika Marg, Post Box No. 1967, Mumbai – 400 001.
Helpline Phone: (022) 22626853/54, Fax: 22690007
Email address: email@example.com
Official website: http://www.dte.org.in/mca