www.wbjeeb.in is the official website of The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE). WBJEE is conducted each year for admission to various courses in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Technology, Medical, Dental, Veterinary and Pharmacy. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is conducted by the board of examination of west Bengal and provides admission to various universities and institutions in west Bengal.
1. The candidate must be of Indian nationality.
2. The candidate must also be clear pass in the class 12th examination with a PCM or PCB aggregate of atleast 40%.
3. The candidate must also have studied English upto class 12th level and should have scored a minimum of 30% marks.
4. For B.E/B.Tech./B.Arch, the candidate must have passed in PCM, English and any other fifth subject.
5. For M.B.B.S/B.D.S/B.V.Sc, the candidate must have passed PCB, English and any other fifth subject.
6. For pharmacy, the candidate must have passed PCM/B, English and any other fifth subject.
7. The minimum and maximum age of the candidate can be 17 years and 24 years.
Examination pattern and syllabus:
1. Paper 1 – PCB – 100 marks
2. Paper2 – mathematics – 100 marks
3. 80% weightage to MCQs, 20% weightage to short answer type questions
4. For every incorrect answer 1/3 of the marks will be deducted.
For detailed syllabus of every subject please visit the official website.