Probationary Officer Recruitment is an initiative by ICICI Bank to attract bright graduate students to pursue a career in banking. It is designed to develop specialists with banking knowledge and skills to partially fulfill the future need of trained bankers. The programme is one year full time residential training programme which is conducted at ICICI Manipal Academy campus at Bangalore. Those who successfully complete the PO training are awarded a Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and are absorbed as Assistant Manager- I grade in the Bank .
Salient Features of PO Training:
1. The training has blended curriculum with classroom, e-learning and internship.
2. The training imparts knowledge and skills in core banking, one specialized area in Banking, etiquette & grooming and language skills.
3. The classroom sessions (9 months, trimester pattern) is conducted at the ICICI Academy and internship (3 months ) at any ICICI Bank branch or office (within India).
4. The Probationary Officers (POs) are paid stipend for first 9 months to meet the out of pocket expenses, and their living expenses & a city allowance as decided by the Bank. Further the POs are also covered under Group Medical Insurance, Group Life Insurance and Group Personal Accident Insurance for the duration of the programme.
5. The POs will get assured employment with ICICI Bank on successful completion of the PO Programme.
6. Applicants joining the Probationary Officer training will be enrolled for MBA in Banking and Finance. It is a UGC approved programme and Manipal University awards the degree.
7. MBA (Banking & Finance) course duration is for a period of 30 months (2 ½ years) with the maximum period for completion being 60 months.
MBA (Banking & Finance) program consists of two phases:
First Phase: Comprising of 12 months of On-campus training (9 months of classroom training & 3 months of internship in ICICI Bank).
Second Phase [Optional]- Comprising of 18 months of Online Training (3 Semesters) are designed to provide managerial skills to the students on joining th Bank after training in a working and business environment.
For more information, please visit ICICI PO recruitment official website – http://www.icicicareers.com/po-about.html